Sunday 27 March 2016

How to make your Mind convince your Heart

Hi everyone!



It’s been forever and come to think of it I’m starting to see myself as a writer because if I spend a lot of time not writing I start to feel a bit …clogged (lack of a better word). In the past few weeks a lot has happen and yesterday I basically wrote 5 different tests from 8 to 5 and I’ve never felt so tired in my life. I even struggled to sleep. And sleeping was all I could think about while I was writing!

When I feel stressed I become an extreme insomniac but when I stop caring about something I sleep like a baby. And that feeling really comes from a decision. Sometimes it can be a feeling to give up or a feeling of perseverance. Whatever it is I believe that it formed in your mind and somehow your mind convinced your heart and you were just went along with that feeling.

It’s difficult to make a decision when your mind and heart are not in the same place. I know that it typically has to do with love – like when you know that you’re being neglected but you continue giving love and not getting it back (in any type of way) or when you’re unhappy at work (I can testify to that) and you can’t afford to be at home full time or pursue a hobby or when are at a place you’re tired of but don’t want to leave your current friends because it terrifies you to be alone.

All of these things can be fixed provided you decide to draw some sort of line and decide which of that line you want to be. Yes, it will be hard. Yes, you’ll be tempted to go back. Yes, you’ll cry yourself to sleep. But these are all symptoms of grieving that we must all go through in order to turn a new leaf.

Here’s how your mind can convince your heart
Make a decision. Nothing can happen without a decision being made. You are an adult and you determine where you want to be in life. If it’s not possible for you to leave, put together a timeline plan where you will have enough resources to make effective changes to your life.

It’s okay to feel alone. Some people are terrified of being alone, but trust me, you are alone if the person you pump effort into can’t do the same for you. In this alone time, take time to work on yourself, build up your confidence and set new goals.

People Reminders. You know in a small town where I stay people always want to remind me of who I was in high school! O M W it’s been 6 years!! Let’s move on FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!! It’s why I’ve just been avoiding people from high school. It’s not worth it. I do not want to know where everyone is or who they ended up marrying. You must choose to into a new chapter in your life.

Cut Communication. This is hard but it needs to be done. My friend (broke up with his girlfriend because she cheated on him) said that he just wants someone to check in on him and ask how he’s doing. And I understand that feeling. But what’s the point if it’s the person who stepped on your heart. You’ll just never move on. Same with friends who just want to talk about themselves and what’s going on in their lives.

Fuel your ambition. Sometimes we can be so scared to chase our dreams. We’re so comfortable staying in our little boxes. And we can be our own biggest critics. Your mind wants better and your heart is telling you all about the potential problems and the possibilities of failure. You need to reach that point where you literally tell yourself (mind to heart) that it is possible, taking into account all the risks and knowing in your heart that when this step is taken you will not only exist – YOU WILL LIVE!

Do you constantly also have this battle? Is yours reversed? Do you need your heart to convince your mind?

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Back to top