Saturday 8 October 2016

Things YOU can do to help with anxiety

Hi there!



I’m known to not react well to some life stuff. I guess it’s why I always talk about how to react to them so much. I sometimes get anxiety because of how routine my life can get. Then I’ll get anxiety about trying something new. Then I’ll get anxiety about why I haven’t tried those new things that I said I would try. So if you feel like you also do this then call me up because I could really use a cool person to go through these anxieties with!

Lol, I’m jk. There’s plenty of things you can do to stabilize your anxiety. I think I go through a mild one because I’ve heard some scary stories from people who go through this every day. Recently I ‘overreacted’ to a work obligation that I could have handled better, looking back at it now. I knew that I was going to another province at the beginning of October. A few days after that I got a call saying that I’m leaving that Sunday.

I know that is very normal in our line of work but how but I think the peak of anxiety takes place when a number of things happen at once. At that moment, I was experiencing fatigue from clients that I’m currently working on, extreme writer’s block, ridiculous financial crisis and anxiety from trying to learn how to drive and I’m also learning to live with my siblings which is a thing of its own.
So going through this I’ve had to create a list of things I could do in order to deal with it better that doesn’t involve becoming a winery owner.

1.       Have a healthy control over substances.
If you’re a smoker/alcoholic/user of other things because of anxiety it will really help to not have too much dependence on it because it’s always what you’ll want to reach for as soon as you feel overwhelmed. Life stress doesn’t get less so learning to find ways to cope will definitely help you prioritize.
2.       Accept what you can’t change
A huge part of anxiety is not being able to get over something. It blocks your way and it makes you optionless. Sometimes the best thing to do is to look at it and accept it. This is so important because you have to make your mind accept it. It’s not just a switch that you can flip on. It’s like telling someone not to worry. So always make it a priority to have a method that work for you.
3.       Focus on the immediate problem
I think for us, instead of solving the problem right in front of us we tend to focus on how everything has been messed up since birth. And it can be really hard to re-focus on what you can do about your immediate hurdle. The road to recovery involves solving the issues instead of piling that issue onto the archive that you’re already carrying.
4.       Be one with Nature
This might only work for me but when things are quite rough all I can think of is getting some fresh air at a very high point. It’s probably why I can’t stand a place with tiny windows but I’m not about to add claustrophobia on my list of things so an alternative to this is to leave the room and count to 10. It sounds stupid until it’s the only thing you have left.
5.       Connection
You don’t need to be in a relationship to have someone to talk to. Recently I got a person that I just met and asked them to be a listener. They must be willing and you can give them instructions on how to be there for you. They should not give you solutions. That’s your job. Their purpose is for you to lower the load that you’re carrying so that you mind will be less pre-occupied.

Guys, life is hard but you don’t have to be. Always speak up because someone might be able to help you manage your life in a really healthy way.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Back to top